1. QUESTIONS; CONTACTING COMPANY; REPORTING VIOLATIONS
2. USER CONSENT
3. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you as described below when you visit our Website, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you use our Application(s) and Offerings. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We may also collect or develop aggregated information, which may include Anonymous Data and Personal Data, provided that such information does not personally identify you or any of our other users ("Aggregated Data").
A. Personal Data That You Provide to Us. In order to provide you with personalized services and features we ask you to register and establish your personal profile ("Profile"). During the registration process we will ask you for Personal Data such as your name, telephone number, gender, birth information, e-mail address, password, place of residence, zip code, etc. This Personal Data is used to customize the Offerings to you and to provide you with personalized services. Depending on the Offerings you are accessing, you may be asked at various times, for example, by filling out a form or survey, to provide Personal Data such as name, gender, e-mail address, birth date, and birth location. Personal Data is collected primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our Offerings.
B. Personal Data Collected via Technology. To make our Company Properties more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect Personal Data from you, including browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this Personal Data and store it in log files each time you visit our Website.
C. Application(s). If you use our Offerings on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number. Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like safe search settings. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
D. Transactional Data. If you make purchase through the Company Properties we may collect and store certain information about you to process your purchases and populate forms for future transactions, such as your telephone number, address, e-mail address, and credit card information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
E. Personal Data That We Collect from You About Others. If you decide to submit information about a third party, we will collect the third party's Personal Data in order to personalize the services for such third party such as our "Tell a Friend" feature. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Anitauniverse.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at privacy@Anitauniverse.com .
I. Information Collected Via Technology.
• Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Company Properties more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• Pixel Tags. In addition, we use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users' Personal Data.
• Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as "Flash Cookies," to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
• Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
4. USE OF YOUR DATA
A. General. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data to personalize our Offerings; to deliver personalized information to you; to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; to provide you with electronic newsletters; and to send you special offers related to our Offerings and for other marketing purposes of Company or our third party partners, should you opt-in to receive such communications by indicating such preference in your Profile. Your e-mail address together with a password is used to secure your Profile and to make our personalized e-mail services available to you.
B. Creation and Use of Anonymous and Aggregated Data. We may create Anonymous Data and Aggregated Data from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data and Aggregated Data for trend analysis, and to better understand patterns of usage so that we may enhance the content of our Offerings and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data and Aggregated Data to third party companies in our discretion. For example, demographic and profile data is shared with our advertisers only in the form of Aggregated Data. Aggregated Data helps our advertisers to tailor their services to the collective characteristics of users of the Company Properties.
C. IP Addresses. We use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Website, and to track trends and statistics.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
C. Co-Branded Service Offerings. We may enter into agreements with certain businesses (each, a "Partner Company") pursuant to which we provide the Partner Company with a URL and a customer registration page co-branded with, or private labeled by, the Partner Company, and the Partner Company distributes and promotes the URL to its customers. A Partner Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, if you register on a website through a Partner Company, we may provide your Personal Data to the Partner Company. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our Partner Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
D. Third Party Services. We reserve the right to offer services and products from third party vendors ("Third Party Vendors") to you on the Company Properties, such as via newsletters or special offers, based on the preferences that you identify during the registration process and based on your subsequent preferences. We may share Aggregated Data about our user base with these Third Party Vendors; this information does not identify individual users. We do not link Aggregated Data with Personal Data.
E. Third Party Contractors. We may share your Personal Data with third party contractors or service providers ("Third Party Contractors") to provide you with the services that we offer you though the Company Properties; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; or to provide specific services in accordance with your instructions. These Third Party Contractors are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our Third Party Contractors for the sole purpose of providing the Company Properties to you.
We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures to protect against unauthorized access and use of your personal information. However, you should know that neither we nor any other website can fully eliminate these risks.
7. OTHER WEBSITE LINKS
8. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
9. UPDATING/DELETING YOUR PROFILE
A. Changes to Personal Data. You can view the Personal Data you previously provided by viewing your Profile from your personalized Home Page. You can delete your Profile at any time by clicking on the "delete profile" link. If your personal data changes, you may correct or update, by emailing us at privacy@Anitauniverse.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
C. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from the Company Properties for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Company Properties or all functionality of the Company Properties. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
D. De-Linking SNSs. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the "preferences" section in your Account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Company Properties and your social media account or mobile device.
E. Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
10. SERVICE-RELATED ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
13. CONTACTING US